Introducing the speaker for the upcoming ASIS Singapore Chapter Meeting and Inaugural Membership Appreciation Awards Ceremony 2021.
The pandemic is accelerating geopolitical instabilities, while local security threats bubble underneath a ‘COVID myopia’ and the infodemic that is eroding trust in governments & health bodies. Advice, timely and accurate information has never been so important. International SOS security expert will address how to broaden, interrogate, and build a clear and trustworthy path to an infodemic-resilient future.
Rebuilding Trust & Accuracy during an Infodemic
Security Director – Security Operations, Asia Pacific
Based in Singapore, James is responsible for the full spectrum of our security operations in the Asia Pacific region. In this role, James leads a team of over 30 multidisciplinary security professionals spread throughout the region. Day-to-day, James and his team monitor developments and trends, collecting intelligence to assess and mitigate risks to a broad spectrum of client needs, provide 24/7 assistance and when needed, coordinates and supports International SOS’ regional and global responses to crisis.
Since joining International SOS in December 2018, James has played an integral role in crisis response including but not limited to: Sunda Strait Tsunami (Dec-18), Sri Lanka Terror Attacks (April19), Hong Kong Unrest (19/20) and many others.
Under the ‘new normal’ established as a consequence of COVID-19 and its impact on the global workforce, James regularly works alongside his medical counterparts to advise clients on securing their workforce, assets and reputation, enabling them to operate and evolve in times of uncertainty.
Prior to joining International SOS, James served for over a decade in the Australian Army, advising on and assessing risks to wide ranging operations throughout Asia Pacific and the Middle East. Highlights of his time in the Army include his work as a Liaison Officer in the Australian High Commission – London, and as an Advisory Team Leader in Afghanistan.
Details as follows:
Venue : PARKROYAL on Kitchener Road, Level 3 Jade room, 181 Kitchener Road,
(5-minute walk from nearest MRT station, NE8 Farrer Park MRT Exit I)
Date : Friday 26 Feb 2021
Time : 1800 hr – 2200 hr
1800 hr Arrival and Registration of Guests
1830 hr Welcome Address by Honorary Chairman, ASIS International (Singapore
1900 hr Dinner commences
1930 hr Presentation by International SOS
2030 hr Award Ceremony for local members
2115 hr Lucky draw
2200 hr End of event
ASIS International (Singapore Chapter) 2021 Paid-Up members : Complimentary
ASIS International 2021 members : S$50
As seats are limited, kindly register here by Wed 10 Feb 2021.
Successful registrants will be notified by Fri 12 Feb 2021.
When registering for the event, please indicate if Halal or Vegetarian diet is required.
Awardees will be contacted individually.
Safe Management Measures
• All attendees are required to wear a mask, except when eating or drinking or for photo-taking by ASIS Appointed vendor.
• All attendees are also required to observe at least one-metre safe distance between all individuals, or if individuals must be less than one metre apart, they should be in groups of no more than eight persons, with at least one-metre distance between groups;
• There should be a fixed seating for all attendees; No changing of seats allowed.
• Record of the table seating will be made available during the guest’s registration.
• Intermingling or mixing between groups are not allowed throughout the event.
• The food will be served directly to their tables
• Our MC Member, Zuraimi will be appointed as Safe Management Officer for this event
• Please note that the programme is based on current conditions and is subject to change depending on the COVID-19 situation and government advisories
ASIS International (Singapore Chapter)